Cost per person £350.00
As an aspiring coach, this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a water polo coach in the delivery of a planned training session.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to become a water polo coach or interested in supporting a coach in a club environment.
The course is delivered through a mixture of e-learning, zoom classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in training sessions to gain hands-on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The role of the assistant coach
- The fundamentals of water polo
- How to safely prepare, support and conclude coached water polo sessions
- Basic and water polo specific coaching skills
- Coach and player development
- Good practice in coaching ethics
- Health and safety
You must be at least 16 years of age. There are no formal entry requirements for this certificate and you do not need any previous experience of coaching.