WREXHAM SWIMMING CLUB
Position: Head Coach
Level of Commitment: Full time (40hrs/week)
Salary: As a Swim Wales Performance Club WSC will be offering a competitive package for the successful candidate based on experience, duties and responsibilities.
Location: Wrexham (Multiple Locations) – help with relocation costs may be possible.
Wrexham Swimming Club was founded in 1901 and over the past 15yrs has established itself as one of the top clubs in Wales and is the Top Club in North Wales. We regularly compete at Local, Regional and Welsh National Level Open Meets, as well as local team galas and the National Swimming League (Northwest Premier). Over the past 5 years, the club has consistently had swimmers competing at British Summer Championships and/or at British Championships Level.
Wrexham Swimming Club is a Swim Wales Performance Club, providing an environment for athletes to compete at the highest level nationally and beyond. This status must be maintained and developed, taking the club forward.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Head Coach with experience of coaching young athletes to County/Regional Level and above. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of all swimmers at the club, providing structure and support to all coaches and assistant coaches. In addition, the Head Coach will provide direct coaching sessions to our performance swimmers (circa 25 hours per week). The club are also keen to support the ongoing personal development of the successful candidate thereby enabling enhanced delivery.
Wrexham Swimming Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its swimmers and requires its coaches to share this commitment. Applicants must be prepared to undergo Child Protection Screening, including checks with past employers and DBS. References will be sought and verified at the short-listing stage as part of our safeguarding children procedures.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Hold a minimum of a UKCC Level 2 qualification but a willingness to complete a Level 3 qualification.
- Have strong communication skills, including a formal presentation to all stakeholders at interview.
- Have experience in coordinating and delivering to all age-groups swimmers and the development of such athletes to allow all individuals within a club to reach their full potential.
- Work closely with all coaches to continue to move our programme forward.
- Be responsible for all squads’ journeys from Local to Regional & National Level by leading a swim and land training programme that is technique and medley focused, whilst also developing the swimmers’ knowledge, mobility, enjoyment, and athleticism.
- Build a strong relationship with Coaching Team, Athletes, Parents, Committee and Pool Management.
- Be required to work up to 40hrs a week, including non-poolside admin duties.
- Undertake, as required, online training, education and mentoring sessions.
- Attend competitions (financial allowance for meets will be provided).
- Provide cover for other coaches and coordinate meetings to support the Swimmers & Club where needed.
- Work early mornings, evenings and weekends as required.
- Have knowledge of the Swim Wales Drill Progression Framework and Winning Behaviours, and the British Swimming OADF Model.
- Establish a competitive programme (including competition calendar) that emphasizes the general philosophy outlined by the Club Committee to produce a 3-year rolling development plan. Set direction and performance targets, set squad criteria and supervise swimmer movement appropriately. Effectively monitor swimmer development.
- Complete CPD training, both formal and informal, as agreed with management from time to time.
- Comply with all Swim Wales rules and guidance for Swim Wales member clubs.
Applying for Head coach position
- Email CV Application & Cover Note to Club Secretary Emma Leatherbarrow (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Closing Date for applicants is 14th August 2022
- Interviews will take place from 22 August 2022
- The successful applicant would need to be in place quickly. Date to be by mutual agreement.