Cost per person £680.00
The SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification is a practical qualification for individuals wanting to progress from their SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification, or SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers qualification.
This qualification has been endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) as meeting the requirements of the professional standard for the role of a Swimming Teacher.
This qualification will enable you to effectively plan, prepare, deliver and evaluate swimming lessons independently. It also gives you the skills and confidence to provide quality, inclusive and fun swimming lessons.
You will learn about:
- The role and responsibilities of a Swimming Teacher
- The role in promoting aquatics
- How to plan overviews and swimming lesson plans for a range of ability groups
- How teach safe, inclusive and effective swimming lessons to a range of ability groups
- The influence of scientific principles on a participant in the water
- How to meet the needs of participants
- How to assess participants at the correct level
- How to demonstrate lesson management skills
- How to supervise and instruct a Swimming Assistant
- How to develop participants Core Aquatic Skills (CAS)
- How to develop participants swimming strokes
- How to demonstrate effective communication skills
- How to evaluate your own performance
- How to plan for professional development
- 62 hours (52 guided learning hours)
- You must be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
- Hold a SEQ level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) certificate or Swim England/ASA equivalent
If you have already achieved our SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers 2022 version 3 qualification, you may present your certificate as evidence towards the Assessment Criteria for this qualification. As we have defined aspects of the achievement that do not necessarily require repeating. Refer to the qualification specification and contact your Approved Training Centre for further information.
- Theoretical Questions
- Lesson plans
- Professional Development Plan
This qualification is not graded. You will either pass or fail.