Cost Per Person £395.00
As an aspiring coach, this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a swimming coach in the delivery of a planned training session.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to becoming a swimming coach or interested in supporting a coach in a club environment.
The course is delivered through a mixture of e-learning, zoom classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in training sessions, coaching swimmers at county standard and above, to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The role of the assistant coach
- Importance of positive coaching behaviour
- Physical literacy in swimming
- Competitive swimming skills
- Para swimming
- Types of training used to develop swimmers
- How to deliver pre-planned coaching sessions
- How to carry out reflective practices of your coaching
You must be at least 16 years of age. There are no formal entry requirements for this certificate and you do not need any previous experience of coaching.