Cost per person £950.00
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a swimming assistant and teacher. It enables you to independently plan and deliver swimming lessons and assist other teachers.
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a swimming teacher and assistant, giving you the skills to independently plan and deliver swimming lessons.
You will learn about:
- The responsibilities and role of a swimming assistant and a swimming teacher
- How the scientific principles of swimming impact on development
- How to develop core aquatic skills and the four strokes
- How to identify and correct common swimming faults
- How to use a variety of teaching techniques and equipment to suit different needs
- How to plan and deliver inclusive lessons for different levels of ability, including adaptations for swimmers with special educational needs and disabilities
- Key teaching and management skills including class management and assessment, organisational skills, behaviour management, communication skills, and teaching methods
- National curriculum swimming lessons and how they differ from learn to swim lessons
These qualifications have been endorsed by CIMSPA as meeting the requirements of the assistant swimming teacher professional standard. Once qualified you can gain a 12 month free CIMSPA affiliate membership giving you access to further benefits.
Who is the course designed for?
Due to the intense nature of this course, those looking to enrol should have:
- Experience of supporting swimming lessons or working within an aquatics environment
- Technical knowledge of swimming
- An understanding of Waves 1-8 of the Learn to Swim Wales Programme
- A basic understanding of lesson planning