Cost Per Person £680.00
This course builds on the Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach certificate, developing your knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent swimming coach or fulfilling a Head Coach role within a club setting aligned with Swim England club membership categories.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach certificate who wants to become an independent coach or fulfilling a Head Coach role within a club setting.
The course is delivered through a mixture of e-learning, zoom classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in training sessions, coaching swimmers at county standard and above, to gain hands-on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- Roles and responsibilities of a Swimming Coach
- Understand the legal requirements of coaching swimming
- Impact of the Athlete Development Support Pathway in competitive swimming
- Physical literacy in swimming
- Scientific principles of competitive swimming
- Competitive swimming skills
- Types of training used to develop swimmers
- Planning, delivery and evaluation of a series of sessions
- Effective management in training and competition
- Communication skills within the swimming coaching environment
- Motivational techniques
- Developing swimming skills and competitive swimming strokes
- Evaluating swimmer progress
- Reflecting and evaluating on own performance
- Planning for professional development
You must be at least 18 years of age and hold the Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach, ASA Level 1 Award (QCF) in Coaching Swimming or equivalent Swim England/ASA qualification.
To complete the course you need:
- To have been coaching regularly over the last three months and be linked to a swimming club with access to 3 sessions per week so you can complete your off-course assessment.
- Have access to swimmers that sit within two different stages of the Athlete Development Support Pathway (ADSP) i.e. training to train and above, over the course of a 6 week mesocycle.
- To be working with a coaching assistant and have knowledge and experience of current coaching best practices.
- Have access to a computer or tablet to complete the online learning elements of the course.