Swim Wales vision – Aquatics for Everyone for Life
What equity means to Swim Wales
Equity – is about understanding and providing for people’s needs to create meaningful opportunities and access to physical activity, physical education, leisure and sport.
Equality – is about recognising and removing the barriers faced by people involved, or wanting to be involved in sport. It is about changing the culture of sport to one that values diversity and enables the full involvement of disadvantaged groups in every aspect of Aquatics.
Swim Wales aim to provide a meaningful experience for everyone in our sport. We are committed to supporting and leading our clubs to provide an inclusive organisation that is committed to having safe and fun environments regardless and provide Aquatics for every community. Everyone can be assured of an environment in which their rights, dignity and individual worth are respected, and in particular, that they are able to enjoy their sport without the threat of intimidation, victimisation, harassment or abuse
Our work focuses on seeking opportunities to talk to underrepresented groups in Aquatics to understand the barriers to participation and working with our partners to understand how to overcome those barriers to enable participation and other ways to involved in Aquatics.
Swim Wales are committed to:
- Increase diversity for both volunteers and participants in Aquatics in Wales and be recognised for their commitment.
- Be representative of local communities across our club network, where you see diversity at all levels capturing cultures, traditions, beliefs, languages, and lifestyles are widespread across membership, and are respected without judgment.
- Lead by example in the work we are committed to.
- When we say ‘everyone’ we mean all people without regard to their age, sex, gender identity, disability, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, religion or belief, race, ethnic origin, nationality, socioeconomic status or sexual orientation participating in Aquatics.
- Call out and challenge racism.
- To provide learning opportunities for our partners and affiliated organisations that enable a collaborative mindset for inclusion.
- Be visible and vocal in our leadership and on occasion be disruptive to embed change.
We welcome enquires from everyone who wishes to get involved in Aquatics, please get in touch.