Swim England Water Polo Coach
This course builds on the Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach certificate, developing your knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent water polo coach or fulfilling a Head Coach role within a club setting.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach certificate who wants to become an independent coach or fulfil a Head Coach role within a club setting.
You must be at least 18 years of age and hold the Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach, ASA Level 1 Award (QCF) in Coaching Water Polo or equivalent Swim England/ASA qualification.
Theory Sessions delivered via Zoom
- Tuesday 21st March - 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday 19th April - 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Tuesday 6th June - 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Tuesday 13th June - 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday 28th June - 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Sunday 9th July - 10:00am - 12:00pm at Cardiff International Pool, Olympian Drive, Cardiff, CF11 0JS
- Sunday 16th July - 10:00am - 12:00pm & 2:00pm - 4:00pm at Aberavon Celtic Leisure Centre, The Princess Margaret Way, Port Talbot, SA12 6QW
The course is delivered through a mixture of zoom classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in training sessions to gain hands-on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- Roles and responsibilities of a water polo coach
- Nutrition and hydration for water polo
- Bio-mechanical principles in water polo
- Key physical and mental qualities of a skilled player
- Planning, delivery and evaluation
- How to coach water polo sessions
- Session management skills
- Communication skills within the coaching environment
- How to use a variety of coaching methods to meet player needs
- Developing technique
- Motivational techniques
- How to support performers and assistant coaches
- Evaluating your own performance
- Planning for professional development
This course allows you to make the most of learning online and will cover the course theory through interactive, live zoom webinars. The zoom webinars will be with the rest of your course cohort and from the comfort of your own home. Once you get to the venue, you’ll have pool-based practical work, session delivery and assessment to complete.