Swim England, Level 1 Swimming Assistant Teachers
SEQ Swimming Assistant (Teaching)
This qualification is a practical qualification, which develops the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to be a Swimming Assistant (Teaching).
This has been endorsed by CIMSPA as meeting the requirements of the assistant swimming teacher professional standard.
Prerequisites: All learners are required to be a minimum age of 16 years at the start of the course.
Online Theory Via Zoom 30/09/22, 06/10/22, 07/10/22 and 14/10/22 5.30-8.30pm
Practical at Monmouth LC, 18/10/22, 21/10/22 and 25/10/22 4.00pm-7.00pm
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as an assistant swimming teacher. It will enable you to actively support a qualified swimming teacher in the delivery of a planned learn to swim session.
With our course programme you will have the opportunity to work with our qualified tutor who will support you through observing & assisting swim lessons as a progressive and developmental programme.
All courses will start online, exploring the theoretical elements through a series of virtual classrooms using both Zoom and Google Classroom.
THE FOLLOWING IS THE AVERAGE HOURS YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO COMMIT TO THE COURSE:
21 hours online via Zoom and 2 hours practical assessment with your tutor.
Approximately 7hrs supported self- study to include completion of portfolio evaluation and review record.
You will learn about:
- The legal aspects of assisting in swimming lessons
- The responsibilities of a Swimming Assistant
- The swimming pathway, fundamental movement, core aquatic skills and component parts of strokes
- Scientific principles of swimming
- What makes up a lesson plan, equipment and communications skills
- How to identify anxiety and use of motivational techniques
- The type of assistance you can provide