SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching)
This qualification is a practical qualification, which develops the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to be a Swimming Assistant (Teaching).
This has been endorsed by CIMSPA as meeting the requirements of the assistant swimming teacher professional standard.
Prerequisites: All learners are required to be a minimum age of 16 years at the start of the course.
Online theory and practical elements will be delivered at Cambrian Aquatics Sport Centre on the following dates:
**Please note that all sessions must be attended
- 13th August, 9.00am-3.00pm
- 15th August, 3.00pm-6.00pm
- 18th August, 2.00pm-6.00pm
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as an assistant swimming teacher. It will enable you to actively support a qualified swimming teacher in the delivery of a planned learn to swim session.
With our course programme you will have the opportunity to work with our qualified tutor who will support you through observing & assisting swim lessons as a progressive and developmental programme.
All courses will start online, exploring the theoretical elements through a series of virtual classrooms using both Zoom, Google Classroom and Face to Face..
You will learn about:
- The legal aspects of assisting in swimming lessons
- The responsibilities of a Swimming Assistant
- The swimming pathway, fundamental movement, core aquatic skills and component parts of strokes
- Scientific principles of swimming
- What makes up a lesson plan, equipment and communications skills
- How to identify anxiety and use of motivational techniques
- The type of assistance you can provide