Swim 60 Challenge
Swim Wales & BHF Cymru #GetintoWater Swim60 Challenge
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of our Swim 60 Challenge Team!
We are delighted to launch this challenge together to celebrate BHF’s 60th year as a charity and raise vital funds to power the charity’s life saving research into heart and circulatory disease
There is a challenge for everyone of all ages and abilities!
Whether you are a regular swimmer, someone who hasn't dipped their toes in a while, a competitive athlete, swimming for leisure or wanting to start a new activity. Any aquatic activity challenge is welcome!!
- The 60 day Challenge: Designed for keen swimmers to total up how far they can challenge themselves to swim throughout a 60 day period
- The 60 length Challenge: Ideal for leisure swimmers who want an extra challenge
- The 60 Challenge: Open to everyone to design your own challenge in the water - Be as original and innovative as you can!
- The Team 60k challenge: Perfect for Teams and clubs: Swim in team of up to 12 to complete 60k and record the Cumulative time of the distance
You can enter in 3 easy steps
- Sign up below and pay your £10 registration fee per individual to receive your exclusive Swim 60 Bottle and Cap.
- Set up your event specific Just Giving page (Link will be shared following registration)
- Get in the pool and start your challenge!!
“Swim Wales are delighted to be partnering with the British Heart Foundation in Wales, in their 60th Anniversary Year. The ‘SWIM 60 CHALLENGE’ is a fantastic opportunity for people of all ages and abilities across Wales (and beyond) to #getintowater, and complete their own 60 challenge in whatever shape or form suits them. Whether it is swimming every now and again over 60 days, swimming 60 km in a month, 60 lengths of the pool in one session or even blowing 60 bubbles in a Learn to Swim class, any aquatic activity will be good for you and will encourage others to help us raise valuable funds for this great national cause.
The British Heart Foundation share our appreciation of the health benefits of aquatic activity, and we know that the Welsh public will dive straight in to this great ‘SWIM 60 CHALLENGE’. I look forward to seeing all of the fantastic achievements and stories come in over the next few weeks and months.”
Aquatics for everyone for life
Fergus Feeney, CEO Swim Wales
Fundraising Hints and Tips
- Set up your Just Giving page
- Upload a photo to your page and set your target
- Tell your story and demonstrate to your donors what their support can do
- Regularly update your Just Giving page with your progress and additional photos
- Don’t be afraid to share your page – social media, WhatsApp, email signature etc.
- Record a short video about your challenge and post on your social media with a link to your Just Giving page
- Remember to thank people when they donate