Swim Wales Virtual National Awards 2020
- Swimming, Diving, Artistic Swimming , Water Polo, Education
- National, Performance
Following a successful launch in 2019, Swim Wales are delighted to confirm that the National Awards are back! This year we’re going online for our first virtual National Awards evening to celebrate the achievements across Welsh Aquatics.
The National Awards will take place at 7pm on the 17th of December 2020, these will be hosted virtually.
‘Last year it was pleasure to host our awards night and share the fantastic stories of our nominees. This year were taking the opportunity to go virtual, and showcase a challenging but inspiring the last 12 months. It is now more important than ever to thank those who have really made a difference.’
Simon Clarke, Swim Wales Head of Aquatic Development
Nomination categories for 2020 include:
- Swim Wales Young Swimmer of the Year
- Swim Wales Para- Swimmer of the Year
- Swim Wales Senior Swimmer of the Year
- Swim Wales Coach of the Year
- Swim Wales Partner of the Year
- Swim Wales Young Volunteer of the Year
- Swim Wales Volunteer of the Year
- Swim Wales Sport Development Award (Diving, Water-Polo, Artistic Swimming, Open Water, Masters)
- Swimming Teacher of the Year
- Swim Wales Club of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution
2020 introduces 2 new categories for nomination: Swimming Teacher of the Year, recognising the outstanding contribution and commitment of a swimming teacher, and Partner of the Year (voted internally by Swim Wales) celebrating the achievements of a Swim Wales partner.
We’d encourage all of our members to reflect on the last year and think about nominations across these categories.
Is there someone who has gone above and beyond to support your clubs?
A lockdown legend who kept you motivated through the summer months?
Someone who has played an inspirational role in your sport?
An individual that you would like to see recognised for their continuous efforts?
We want to hear your stories!
Please keep an eye on the Swim Wales website and social media platforms for updates.