British Swimming Summer Championships 2023 – Key Entry Conditions and Information
The British Summer Championships are diving back into the Ponds Forge pool in 2023.
The 2023 edition of the British Summer Championships will take place at the Ponds Forge International Sports Centre in Sheffield from Saturday 22nd – Friday 28th July, following on from the huge success of last year’s competition, which returned to its full format after a three-year, COVID-enforced hiatus.
Entry to this key end-of-season event – as well as the corresponding Home Nation Summer Meets – is by invitation only, based on performances recorded during the designated qualifying window. That window will open on Friday 10th March and run through to Sunday 21st May 2023.
The 24 top-ranked competitors in each event in each age grouping will be invited to attend the British Summer Championships, except for the 800m and 1500m Freestyle contests, where the top 18 athletes will be invited.
HOME NATION MEET CHOICE:
Swimmers can choose to be entered into a Home Nation Summer Meet in two ways:
1. Country of their ranked club (first claim club in Scotland)
2. Country of international representation
Swimmers should note, however, that when identifying qualifiers for the Home Nations meets, the automated system in place assumes athletes wish to be categorised by the country of their ranked club.
There is no direct relation to any decisions you made to attend any of the Home Nation Winter Meets of December 2022 or any previous summer meet decisions.
Swimmers wishing to be entered into a Home Nation Summer Meet based on international representation MUST complete the following form: https://forms.gle/KUQsRdgZ4SiYzuKW6 or email HNMeetChoice@swimming.org with the following information:
- Date of birth
- Membership number
- Current ranked club
- Registered country of international representation
- Clear declaration that they wish to be selected by country of international representation for the 2023 Home Nation Meets
Information must be received no later than 5pm on 14th April 2023. There will be no exceptions and no changes will be made after this time.
A dual approach to opting out will continue to be taken. The idea behind the opt-out is to ensure that as many of the available places at the British Summer Championships are filled, with no empty spaces in events. Swimmers not wishing to compete in events are requested to withdraw, to ensure other swimmers can be invited to the British Summer Championships and the respective Home Nation Summer Meets.
We will also be sending out automated reminder emails during the window to encourage you to indicate your summer decision.
If swimmers wish to opt out of the initial invite list, please complete the following form via the link here https://forms.gle/JdmpSr9wLgt86xaS9 by midday on 15th May 2023. If you have any questions, please email HNMeetChoice@swimming.org.
INTERIM RANKINGS LISTS:
This year, weekly rankings lists will be published on a twice weekly basis (Tuesday and Friday) once the qualifying window opens – these can be viewed here. A final draft rankings list will be produced on 29th May 2023, following the closing of the window. If it is believed that any of the data contained in the interim lists is incorrect or there are missing results, please report it by emailing email@example.com.
The above information along with further details can be found on the following link:
Swim Wales Summer Open 2023 – Key Entry Conditions and Information
A completed meet pack detailing the full event conditions and all other information will be published soon on the designated event webpage: https://www.swimwales.org/shop/events/swim-wales-summer-open-2023/
- The Swim Wales Summer Open event is inclusive of Para competitors. Further entry information will be publsihed in the meet pack.
Male and Female:
- 12 years
- 13 years
- 14 years
- 15 years
- 16 years
- 17+ years
List of Events
* 50m Brst/Fly/Back event entry will be based on the following condition:
If invited (in phase 1) or qualify via open entry (in phase 2) for the resepctive 100m event (100m Brst/Fly/Back), competitors are eligible to enter the 50m equivalent event;
- 50m condition for phase 1 (Invited Entry): competitiors times taken from March-May window only.
- 50m condition for phase 2 (Open Entry): compeitiors times taken from 1st January 2022 to closing date of entries – No QT’s for 50m brst, 50m fly, 50m bk.
17+ age group – 50m Brst/Fly/Back events are not included in the conditions as stated above.
Phase 1 – Invited Entry:
- For Welsh Competitors (Welsh home nation meet choice), those ranked top 20 in all events with the exception of the 400m IM, 800m & 1500m freestyle which will be top 8, who have not been invited to the British Swimming Summer Championships, who have achieved published times at a 50m competition (level 1 licensed meet) during the qualifying window March 11th – May 21st 2023.
- Invited entries (from rankings) open 14th June, close 21st June.
- Entries must be submitted in this window. Once closed, any unused spaces will be reallocated to phase 2, the open entry.
Phase 2 – Open Entry:
- The remaining spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis (across 2 stages, see below) for those who have acieved the pubished LC qualifying times between 1st January 2022 and the closing date of entry (LC and SC>LC converted times taken from level 1, level 2 and level 3 licensed meets).
- This open entry phase is for competitors who have not been invited to the British, Welsh, Scottish, or English summer competitions in that event.
- Stage 1: prioritised to Welsh competitors (Welsh Club or Welsh country of international representation) and will be a 24 hour entry window, opens 26th – 27th June.
- Stage 2: open to all other nations for competitors to enter (Swim England/Scottish Swimmning members, including any Welsh competitors who may have missed stage 1), opens 27th June – 10th July. Please note that some events may reach capacity following stage 1 of this open entry process.
For questions and queries please contact the Swim Wales Events Team: