The purpose of the meet license is so that events throughout Wales offer a fair and safe environment for swimmers to compete. Furthermore, the Meet license allows local meets to be recognised by British Swimming and times achieved at the competition to go on to British Rankings.
All Licensed meets shall be subject to FINA rules and Swim Wales Laws.
There are three levels of licensed meets that you can apply for:
- Level One
a. Meets at this level include long course National and Regional championships.
b. These are to enable athletes to achieve qualifying times suitable for entry into British, Swim England, and Welsh National Championships.
c. Pool Length – Long Course (50 Metres only).
- Level Two
a. Meets at this level include short course National and Regional Championships.
b. These events are to enable athletes to achieve qualifying times suitable for entry into British, Swim England, and Welsh National Championships.
c. Pool length – Short Course (25 metres only).
- Level Three
a. Meets at this level include Development Meets, Swimming Leagues, and Club competitions.
b. These level events are aimed at the development of inexperienced athletes, and those who are looking to compete outside their own club environment.
c. Times recorded are suitable for entry into Sub Regional, or Regional Championships.
d. Pool Length – 50 metres or 25 metres can be used.
The event licensing application has now moved to the JustGo membership system. The information required for licensing has not changed, but Swim Wales will no longer be taking Meet license applications via the manual form previously used.
Licensing Club events through the JustGo Membership system has several benefits:
- Once the license application has been approved by Swim Wales it will automatically be added to the Swim Wales Events calendar. Clubs can upload documents, descriptions, or pictures to the event when setting it up in JustGo, which will then transfer onto the website Events calendar.
- Spectator pre-sale and poolside pass tickets can be sold through the system, with payment for these sales made directly to your club. These can be added when you are setting up your event in the event management tab on JustGo, which forms part of the license application process.
When the application has been accepted, a License fee must be paid:
• Level 1 License Fee: £25.00
• Level 2 License Fee: £20.00
• Level 3 License Fee: £15.00
Please refer to the user guide below for step by step instructions