SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming
This qualification is a practical qualification, which develops the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to be a Swimming Teacher. This qualification builds on the knowledge, skills and abilities developed in the Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification.
This qualification has been endorsed by CIMSPA as meeting the requirements of the swimming teacher professional standard.
Prerequisites: Must hold Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching). All learners are required to be a minimum age of 16 years at the start of the course. Please note that evidence of qualification as per pre-requisite must be shown before commencement of the course. In addition, all sessions must be attended fully.
All theory and practical sessions will be delivered on the following dates at Carmarthen Leisure Centre
- 10th February 2024, 9am - 4.30pm
- 11th February 2024, 10am - 4.30pm
- 12th February 2024, 10am - 6.30pm
- 13th February 2024, 10am - 6.30pm
- 14th February 2024, 10am - 6.30pm
- 15th February 2024, 10am - 6.30pm
- 16th February 2024, 10am - 4pm
- 17th February 2024, Times TBC
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as a swimming teacher. It builds on the SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver swimming lessons.
With our course programme you will have the opportunity to work with our qualified tutor who will support you through observing & assisting swim lessons as a progressive and developmental programme.
You will learn about:
- The responsibilities and role of a swimming teacher
- How the scientific principles of swimming impact on development
- How to develop core aquatic skills and the four strokes
- How to identify and correct common swimming faults
- How to use a variety of teaching techniques and equipment to suit different needs
- How to plan and deliver inclusive lessons for different levels of ability. Includes adaptations for swimmers with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Key teaching and management skills including class management and assessment, organisational skills, behaviour management, communication skills, and teaching methods
- National curriculum swimming lessons and how they differ from learn to swim lessons