E Learning SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching)
This qualification is a practical qualification, which develops the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to be a Swimming Assistant (Teaching).
This has been endorsed by CIMSPA as meeting the requirements of the assistant swimming teacher professional standard.
Prerequisites: All learners are required to be a minimum age of 16 years at the start of the course.
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as an assistant swimming teacher. It will enable you to actively support a qualified swimming teacher in the delivery of a planned learn to swim session.
You will learn about:
- The legal aspects of assisting in swimming lessons
- The responsibilities of a Swimming Assistant
- The swimming pathway, fundamental movement, core aquatic skills and component parts of strokes
- Scientific principles of swimming
- What makes up a lesson plan, equipment and communications skills
- How to identify anxiety and use of motivational techniques
- The type of assistance you can provide
*Downloadthe full SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant specification.
**Please note that this course will be delivered through a Blended Learning process.
Course Start Date: Monday 27th November
This course will start online through interactive E-learning which you will complete in your own time. The estimated time to complete this is 8-10 hrs. Prior to the course start date you will be given access the IOS Aqua Hub to complete your E-learning.
Mandatory Zoom Session, Monday 18th December - 5.00pm - 9.30pm
You will also be required to complete a mandatory Zoom session with the rest of your course cohort (to complete the remaining theory content & prepare you for the practical assessment) and from the comfort of your own home.
Practical Assessment - please see choice of venues below:
- 12th January, Wrexham Waterworld, Bodhyfryd, Wrexham LL13 8DH
- 4th January 2024, NISV, Velodrome Way, Newport NP19 4RA
- 19th December, Abergele LC, Faenol Ave, Abergele LL22 7HE
- 20th December 2023, Wales National Pool, Sketty Ln, Sketty, Swansea SA2 8QG
You will then complete your practical work, including lesson delivery and assessment pool-side, at a designated Swim Wales, Approved Centre
**Please note that all sessions must be attended and that the online learning will need to be completed 72 hours prior to the mandatory Zoom session, and practical assessments.