Update - Easing of lockdown restrictions – Wales move to alert level zero
- Nofio, Plymio, Nofio Artistig, Polo Dŵr, Addysg
- National, Performance
Dear valued members clubs, partners and swim schools,
Over the past several weeks we have seen the gradual removal of restrictions in Wales as we move through the published Alert levels. We are delighted to see an improving situation in Wales in terms of Covid-19 transmission rates, and the resulting move from Alert level one to Alert level zero by Welsh Government.
As we have done over the last 18 months, we wanted to provide clarity on what this means for the aquatics sector. It is important to note that this means most current legal restrictions will move into guidance, however, some specific legal protections will remain in place.
They are listed below:
- Everyone must continue to isolate for 10 days if they have Covid-19 symptoms or if they have a positive test result.
- Face coverings will continue to be required in most indoor public places in Wales, including on public transport, in shops and in healthcare settings. There will be exemptions for people who cannot wear them, as there are currently. Guidance notes this includes gyms and leisure centres outside of exercise.
- All those responsible for premises open to the public and workplaces must carry out a Covid risk assessment and continue to take reasonable measures to minimise the risk of exposure to coronavirus. Reasonable measures are defined by each premises in their risk assessment, and guidance is available below.
- Previously announced, from tomorrow those who have received two doses of the vaccine + 14 days will no longer be expected to self-isolate if they are a close contact with an infected person.
Please find the official the Welsh Government press release is here:
Further guidance for the Welsh public, employers and FAQs are available here:
Swim Wales are delighted to see the return of both indoor and outdoor aquatic activity. Swim Wales are currently working on guidance and approval for licensing club galas and competition and this will be published once our Festival of Swimming have been fully reviewed. The Swim Wales team will immediately turn its attention to updating our dedicated FAQs Affiliated Organisations document which will be published on our website over the next few days.
Again I appreciate how much patience and support you have all shown over the last 18 months and I’m sure you will join me in welcoming this announcement as we move our sport forward.
Chief Executive Officer