Aged 14 to 17?
Interested in swimming?
Here's an opportunity you can't miss...
- Swim Wales Young Officials Academy
The Swim Wales Young Officials Academy provides the opportunity
for 14-17 year olds in Wales to develop their skills as a swimming
official. Officials control all aspects of a competition and ensure
that events are swum fairly and within the rules of FINA, the
Fédération Internationale de Natation, the world governing body for
the five aquatic disciplines of swimming, diving, water polo,
synchronised swimming and open water swimming.
- Follow a programme of officiating training relevant to young
- Receive support from a mentor
- Opportunities to volunteer at national, regional and local
- Some Young Officials represent Wales by volunteering at
- Opportunities to make friends and have fun
- Get expenses reimbursed
How to get involved
You don't need any qualifications to apply for a place on the
Swim Wales Young Officials Academy. Simply contact Leisa
Forrest, Swim Wales Volunteer Co-ordinator.
- Become a member of Swim Wales
- Be at least 14 years old on the date training starts
- Be under 18 years old for the duration of the training
- Get a CRB (Criminal Record Bureau) check
- Sign up to the Young Officials' Code of Conduct.